Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cycle Test (WIP)

I've been trying my hand at creating cycles using the "Something" rig, courteously provided by the multi-talented Rodney Brett. Seriously, that's it's name. The "Something." Whatever it is, the only thing that's certain is that it is a huge derp. 

If this creature were in an RPG, it would be one of those laughably weak monsters that are inexplicably fun to beat to a pulp. I really wanted to incorporate this into my animations for this character. Everything it does looks stupid from the lagging tongue to his floppy eyes that can't keep up with his head.

What we have here are four animation cycles (idle, idle action, walk and run) combined and blended together using Maya's Trax Editor. The run is not complete, but the other three are pretty much done. I may create some transitional animations as well for certain connections. Each cycle took about a day, though I'm confident I could do all four of them again in one.


Cycle Test from Michael DiNocco on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment